Take your language skills to the next level with our Language Immersion program for soccer players during your gap year. Our program offers the perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in a new language and culture while also pursuing your passion for soccer. You’ll receive expert language instruction from experienced teachers and have the chance to practice your new language skills in real-life situations. In addition to the language immersion, you’ll also receive expert soccer training under the Johan Cruyff philosophy and have the opportunity to compete at the highest level. This program is perfect for players who want to develop their language skills and cultural understanding while also pursuing their athletic goals. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to broaden your horizons and experience soccer and language in a new way!
TWI Soccer Academy is an International Soccer Academy in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, operated by and fully integrated into the structure of the professional football clubs ADO Den Haag en Helmond Sport. This (non-)Residential Soccer Academy in Holland is for young talented players aged 14 – 23 years old pursuing a career in soccer while studying abroad.
TWI Soccer Academy’s elite soccer program is designed to help international soccer players to reach their highest potential, taking part in training sessions and competing for first division football clubs ADO Den Haag and Helmond Sport U19 and Senior U23 teams. High School aged players attending this academic and football/soccer program will follow the American school curriculum led by a private high school, International School of The Hague. Players have opportunities to study either towards University degrees or take English or Spanish classes only.
Scouting quality players to play with (semi)professional youth teams up to U23. During a period of training and matches all players are trained and evaluated by a the professional staff of TWISA, its coaches and scouts.
Players have the opportunity to be assessed while playing also in front of scouts from other professional clubs attending the event, such as: Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV, ADO Den Haag, Sparta Rotterdam and FC Utrecht.
Unique Experience and Opportunity at Den Haag or Helmond in Holland
Goals and Objectives
Holland is not only the the capital of youth football development but also boasts clubs of the highest European standard in football. Holland has proven time after time to produce top world class footballers competing in the renowned Eredivisie and UEFA Champions League. Hosting several of the world’s top youth tournaments and being home to some of the finest professional soccer clubs in Europe, Holland is a must-visit destination for all soccer enthusiasts seeking to become a professional player.
Fully integrated into the Den Haag and Helmond professional club, the TWISA offers full season and half season football programs in Holland delivering high-performance training following the Spanish football club’s philosophy combined with a tailor-made academic curriculum. This International Football Academy delivers a talent development program based on four pillars: Football, Character Development, Academics and Social Responsibility ensuring all players a great experience while training and playing soccer on an almost daily basis.
No Pain, No Gain.
Train like Memphis, play like Frenkie!
TWISA has developed a football program focused on providing technical and tactical elite training led by licensed UEFA coaches. Eligible players of the high performance football academy in Holland will compete with U19 and U23 teams ensuring high level competition in official match fixtures and league competition. Players ineligible for competition due to FIFA Article 19 are likewise placed amongst the various Den Haag youth teams for weekly training and will be given opportunity to compete in friendly matches and tournaments alongside their respective Den Haag youth teams. Student-athletes are constantly being evaluated. Players could be pulled up to higher level teams within the club at the club’s discretion.
The Invisible Training (Rest, Nutrition and Mindfulness) is another key philosophy that the academy teaches. A professional training staff will assign the best program to each player based on their individual football reports and video analysis sessions. Players will improve technically, tactically and physically while in this unique boarding football school.
|MEASURE & EVALUATE||PREPARE & PLAY||REVIEW & PREPARE|
|AUGUST – SEPTEMBER||SEPTEMBER – MAY||MAY – JUNE|
Tactical, Technical, & Functional intro
Individual development plans (IDP)
|Competition & tactical phase|
College showcase competition
Performance statistics collection & analysis
|IDP formal review|
Soccer Program structure
The TWISE program and performance plan are built around periodization principles in 6-week cycles that include the following development modules:
- Individual training
- Team training
- Strength training
- Athletic & Personal Development
- Strength and Conditioning
- Mental Conditioning
- Leadership Development
- Nutrition Training
- Athlete Management System
Student-athletes meet with their coaches to set up an individual development plan with overall long term goals, short term measurable objectives, and mutually agreed upon outcomes over the cycle.
Following the 6-week period, coaches and players review their progress and set new objectives when necessary ahead of the upcoming cycle.
Four times a year, players receive a report detailing their progress and future areas of focus which include strength, agility, and endurance test results as well as video review.
Why you should experience this!
Train, Play and Study and earn academic credits
Study in Holland while improving your soccer skills
TWISE believes balance between education and athletics is crucial for young athletes. The educational curriculum enables this balance to happen through the school’s flexibility in adjusting, not compromising. The American curriculum is the most suitable for athletes since it’s based on credits, therefore students can plan the semesters ahead based on their sport requirements.
Working with top international educational partners in Holland, the main subjects* taught are: English, Spanish, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Chemistry, History, Arts, Marketing, Finance.
*Please, contact us for detailed information on terms and conditions.
|PROGRAM / DURATION||DATES||COST||DEADLINE|
|University Summer Program – 5 weeks (Includes one college class – 3 credits)||May 21st to June 26th||€10.000||May 15th|
|Half Season Football Program||mid Aug – mid Dec or mid Jan – mid June||€19.500||May 31st for Fall Season; Oct 1st for Spring Season|
|Full Season Football Program||mid – Aug – mid June||€31.000||May 31st|
|Half Season Football + Language School||mid Aug – mid Dec or mid Jan – mid June||€20.500||May 31st for Fall Season; Oct 1st for Spring Season|
|Full Season Football + Language School||mid August – mid June||€33.000||May 31st|
|Half Season Football + High School||mid Aug – mid June||€30.995||May 31st for Fall Season; Oct 1st for Spring Season|
|Full Season Football + High School||Mid Aug||€54.995||May 31st|
We enroll a limited number of athletes every season, so we encourage interested student-athletes to submit an application as early as possible. Please, set a call back request and we will contact you as soon as possible to start the process. You really want this? Apply now!
- Currently competing at a competitive level of soccer
- We will request academic grades of the past 3 years
- Letter of recommendation from the player’s Coach or Athletic Director.
- Scholastic achievement test
- Test of English as a foreign language
- IELTS (International, English, Language, Testing System)
- ESOL ( English for speakers of other languages)
- 14-23 years old at the start of the program
- Flexible and mature personality; desire to be challenged, ability to remain open-minded and tolerant of cultural differences
- All candidates must participate in a trial unless stipulated otherwise by the club
Participants MUST have adequate Travel and Medical Insurance coverage for the duration of the camp including traveling to/from home country.
- Three to five club training days per week
- Position focus training sessions
- Competitive games
- One on one follow up sessions
- Player progress reports
- Weekly video analysis sessions
- Stress and medical test upon arrival
- Pre-session training programs
- Weekly sports psychologist sessions
- Sports nutrition guidance
- Full training kits
- Health Insurance
- 3 Options: Bilingual American high school; University programs (English & Spanish); Spanish language school
- Character Development training
- Values education
- Community service and volunteer work (Red Cross…)
- Mental Health & Emotional wellbeing (Social & Emotional Intelligence – Mindfulness…)
- Cultural visits
- Accommodation in ensuite double room in modern living residence
- All meals and snacks
- Room cleaning service
- Laundry Services
- Sport facilities
- One Roundtrip Airfare to/from Amsterdam.
- Assistance with application and enrollment into all athletic and educational programs
- Documentation support during application and enrollment period
- Support during visa application process
- Coordination of travel to/from international program
- Assistance and support with international soccer transfer; TWISE can make no guarantee that a player obtains a roster position, enabling participation in official matches. Subject to players’ level and partner club’s desire to utilize TWISE player in official matches. Approval of registration subject to FIFA, National Federation and Regional Federation transfer regulations.
- TWISE career guidance
- Communication partner throughout program
- Pre-Arrival program preparation and support
- Player representation support in case of contract offers (fees not included and only for age appropriate players)
|Airport Transfer Service – One Way||One Way airport transfer from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport to Camp on arrival or Camp to Airport on return. Flights must arrive between 9:00 and 18:00||€100|
|Airport Transfer Service – Roundtrip||One Way airport transfer from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport to Camp on arrival or Camp to Airport on return. Flights must arrive between 9:00 and 18:00||€175|
|Guardianship package||Includes: Guardianship Services, Visa and Residency Support for Non-EU Members and Notary Expenses||€2500|
- Airport transfers
- Passport and visa application fees as applicable
- Personal expenses (e.g., toiletries, clothing, internet, calling card, activities)
- School expenses (e.g., uniform/lunches, if required, supplies, books, bus/train pass)
- Any other item not specified
Please follow the following application procedure:
1) Submit an online application form and required program deposit Click here
2) Download the program application form (DOWNLOAD APPLICATION) and email your completed application form to: email@example.com
Upon receipt of your completed application and program deposit outlined in the application packet, we shall proceed with processing your application and determine your qualification for the program and desired destination.
We’re looking forward to jumpstarting your career and giving you an enlightening international experience.
For more information on, please contact us by email or call +31 6 44 0 44 247.